Starting from July, the airport in Chennai will feature two terminals specifically designed for domestic flights.
According to sources within the airport, the Chennai airport will have two new terminals dedicated to domestic flights as of July 2023. The existing international terminal (T4) will be repurposed for domestic flights once operations have been relocated to the new integrated terminal by the end of May.
From July onwards, passengers flying out of Chennai airport can expect to experience reduced congestion, as two new domestic terminals are expected to become operational.
Currently, the airport’s domestic terminal accommodates around 42,000-44,000 passengers every day, leading to heavy crowding and long wait times during peak hours for check-in and security procedures.
The Chennai Airport’s New Integrated Terminal Building (Phase – 1) is a magnificent facility covering an area of 1,36,295 sqm. The terminal has got top-notch amenities and will provide seamless travel experience to the passengers flying in and out of Chennai. #ChennaiAirport… pic.twitter.com/SDsqYzr53Q
— Chennai (MAA) Airport (@aaichnairport) April 13, 2023
To alleviate this, the airport’s international terminal (T4) will be modified and transformed into an additional domestic terminal, with international operations moving to the newly-inaugurated integrated terminal (T2) a month after its opening.
Chennai Airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including Air India, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Alliance Air. Other airlines that operate regularly from Chennai Airport include Vistara, AirAsia India, GoAir, and Jet Airways. Additionally, the airport serves as a focus city for several other airlines, including Air Mauritius and Scoot. You can find cheap flights to Chennai by comparing all flights on 100s of booking services and travel agencies.
Quick facts about Chennai
- Chennai is the capital city of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- The official language of Chennai is Tamil, but many residents also speak English.
- It is also known for its beaches, including the popular Marina Beach, which stretches for over 13 kilometers along the Bay of Bengal.
- It has a population of over 7 million people, making it the fourth most populous city in India.
- Chennai is known for its hot and humid weather, with temperatures averaging around 30°C (86°F) year-round.
- The city is famous for its cuisine, which features a mix of South Indian and North Indian flavors, as well as international cuisine.
- The city has a rich history, with evidence of human habitation dating back to the Stone Age.
- Chennai is home to several ancient temples, including the famous Kapaleeswarar Temple and the Parthasarathy Temple.
- Chennai is a major hub for the automobile industry in India, with several major car manufacturers having factories in the city.
- The Chennai International Airport serves as a gateway to southern India, with flights connecting to destinations all over the world.
You Might Also Like
Mumbai-Berlin flights in focus
Introducing the Mumbai-Berlin Flights Navigator, your ultimate guide to seamlessly navigating the flights between these vibrant cities. This all-inclusive resource...
Mumbai-London flights review
Introducing our Mumbai-London Flights Navigator! This all-inclusive guide is designed to assist you in navigating the flights between these two...
India recorded 12.9 million domestic airline passengers in April 2023
According to reports, India recorded a total of 12.9 million domestic airline passengers in April. Compared to 2019, domestic air...
Air India to launch Delhi-Amsterdam flight route
Air India will begin operating a non-stop flight between Delhi and Amsterdam on June 11, 2023. Air India will start...