There is no need to spend hours to find cheap tickets in travel agencies - here we have shortest options for planning your trip to Hyderabad
Hyderabad is a city located in the southern part of India, and it serves as an important air hub in the country.
The city of Hyderabad has a well-developed airport, the Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, which is one of the busiest airports in India. In 2021, the number of tourists arriving at Hyderabad Airport was reported to be 85,518,000.
Fly to Hyderabad
Calendar of Hyderabad flights
The airport is situated in Shamshabad, about 24 kilometers from the city center, and it serves both domestic and international flights. It is well-connected to major cities in India as well as to cities across the globe, including popular destinations in the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Europe, and North America.
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is equipped with modern facilities, including state-of-the-art terminals, lounges, restaurants, and shops. It also offers a range of services such as baggage handling, customs, immigration, and security, making it a convenient and efficient air hub for travelers.
Hyderabad has a population of 7 million residents within the city limits, making it the fourth-most populous city in India. In the metropolitan region, the population expands to 10 million residents, placing it as the sixth-most populous metropolitan area in India.
The urban economy in Hyderabad is also significant, with an output of US$74 billion, ranking it as the fifth-largest in India.
In addition, Hyderabad’s strategic location in southern India makes it an important gateway to the region. The city is well-connected to major cities in southern India such as Bangalore, Chennai, and Kochi, making it a key transit point for passengers traveling to these destinations.
12 things to do in Hyderabad
- Visit the iconic Charminar: This 16th-century monument is one of the most recognizable landmarks of Hyderabad and a must-visit attraction for any tourist.
- Explore the historic Golconda Fort: This massive fortress is located on a hilltop and offers stunning views of the city. The fort is also famous for its acoustic system, which allows for communication over long distances.
- Visit the iconic Chowmahalla Palace: This palace was once the official residence of the Nizams of Hyderabad and is now a popular tourist destination. The palace has a stunning architecture and houses a museum with various artifacts.
- Indulge in Hyderabadi biryani: Hyderabad is famous for its spicy and aromatic biryani, and no trip to the city is complete without trying this delicacy.
- Take a stroll in the beautiful Ramoji Film City: This sprawling film studio complex is one of the largest in the world and offers a glimpse into the behind-the-scenes world of Indian cinema.
- Visit the Salar Jung Museum: This museum houses one of the largest collections of art and antiques in the world, including rare manuscripts, paintings, and sculptures.
- Take a boat ride in Hussain Sagar Lake: This artificial lake is a popular spot for boating and offers stunning views of the cityscape.
- Explore the Qutb Shahi Tombs: These tombs are the final resting place of the Qutb Shahi dynasty and feature stunning architecture and intricate carvings.
- Visit the Birla Mandir: This beautiful temple is made entirely of white marble and offers stunning views of the city from its hilltop location.
- Shop at the famous Laad Bazaar: This bustling bazaar is famous for its colorful bangles and other traditional handicrafts.
- Visit the NTR Gardens: This beautiful park is named after the late actor and politician N.T. Rama Rao and features lush greenery, fountains, and a children’s play area.
- Take a day trip to the nearby city of Warangal: This historic city is located about 140 kilometers from Hyderabad and is famous for its stunning ancient temples and forts.
You Might Also Like
According to reports, India recorded a total of 12.9 million domestic airline passengers in April. Compared to 2019, domestic air...